- Security Center
- English ▾
How to uninstall
To uninstall Ad-Aware, first make sure the application is closed.
1. Click the Start button on your computer (left-hand side of the screen).
2. Click Control Panel in the Start Menu.
3. Double-click Add or Remove Programs / Click Programs, and then click Programs and Features. Select Ad-Aware Antivirus from the list and then click Uninstall.
Alternatively, click Change and, with the dialog box displayed, select Remove Ad-Aware.
The programs installed are typically listed in an alphabetical order.
4. With the dialog box displayed, click Remove to proceed.
5. On the screen that displays, two options are available and selected by default: Turn on Windows Defender, Turn on Windows Firewall.
If you do not want to turn on Windows Defender and/or Windows Firewall, click Skip, or unselect the corresponding check box(es), and then click Next.
If Windows Defender or Windows Firewall is not available on your computer, the corresponding check box is disabled.
If you installed Ad-Aware in the Compatible mode or Windows Defender and Windows Firewall are turned on already, the screen with Turn on Windows Defender and Turn on Windows Firewall options is not displayed.
6. With the message box displayed, confirm your decision to uninstall the program by clicking Yes.
7. You can see the uninstalling process in progress.
8. To complete the uninstalling process, click Reboot Now.
If you have installed Ad-Aware in the Compatible mode, reboot is not required.