- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
How to Create a Rescue USB Key
Create a Rescue USB Key
1. Insert a USB key.
2. Download Ad-Aware ISO to your desktop.
3. Download Rufus to your desktop.
4. On your desktop, double click the Rufus program to start it.
5. Select your USB key.
6. Select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI computers
7. Select NTFS as the file system.
8. Click on the hard disk/CD icon and select the adaware.iso file from your desktop
9. Click Start and click OK on the warning to format the USB key
10. Click Close when done
11. Make sure the infected machine is switched off. Plug the USB key into the infected machine and switch on the machine.
During the boot process, either reconfigure the BIOS choosing USB or Removable Drive as the first boot option or watch the screen as the computer begins boot to determine which key will activate the boot options (usually the F8, F12 or ESC key).
What if Rufus?
Rufus is a small utility that helps format and create bootable USB flash drives, such as USB keys/pendrives, memory sticks, etc.
It can be especially useful for cases where:
- you need to work on a system that doesn't have an OS installed
- you need to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
- you want to run a low-level utility
Despite its small size, Rufus provides everything you need!
Visit Rufus website for more information about this utility