- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- Ad-Aware Business Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Lavasoft FAQ pages
Why do I have a Slow Internet connection with AOL and Lavasoft Anti-Virus Helix?
The reason is that both AOL and the above mentioned Lavasoft Anti-Virus Helix products use a WebGuard to check the data traffic. This causes a conflict.
Because you are not allowed to deactivate the AOL Webguard, you have to uninstall Lavasoft Anti-Virus Helix WebGuard as follows:
- Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel => Add or Remove Software (XP) / Programs and Features (Vista)
- Select Lavasoft Anti-Virus Helix
- Click Change => Modify => remove the check-mark for Anti-Virus Helix WebGuard
- Click Next until Finish
- Restart the computer
Afterwards, the Internet connection runs without interruption.