- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- Ad-Aware Business Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Lavasoft FAQ pages
How to resolve Ad-Aware 2008 High CPU issue or system error 1814.
To resolve this, please follow the instructions below to delete the broken definitions file and restart your computer.
Go to the following location and delete the core.aawdef file.
Location: (2000, XP) - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\core.aawdef
If you cannot see "Application Data" you will need to "Show Hidden Files and Folders"-
* Click "Tools" on the menu (hold the Alt key if you cannot see the menu bar)
* Click "Folder Options".
* Click the "View" tab and find "Hidden files and folders" folder
* Turn on "Show hidden files and folders"
Location: (Vista) - C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Defs\ core.aawdef
Then restart the computer and restart Ad-Aware.