- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- Ad-Aware Business Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Lavasoft FAQ pages
How to enable Real-Time Protection
The Real-Time Protection feature provides automatic protection which monitors computer systems for suspicious activity such as malicious objects in real-time. When working on your computer, Real-Time Protection runs in the background without causing noticeable strain to your computer system. *Warning*: If Real-Time Protection is turned on, ensure that no other real-time protection software is running. Running another software which also has real time protection simultaneously with that of Ad-Aware’s will cause the two programs to conflict which may adversely affect your system performance.
To set and configure the Real-Time Protection feature, proceed through the steps listed below:
- 1. On the main screen, click the icon next to the Real-Time Protection feature, or click the icon . The Real-Time Protection tab opens.
- 2. Select the Enable check box to enable Real-Time Protection.
- 3. With the Suspicious Programs drop-down combo box, select an action you want to apply to a suspicious program detected: Allow, Block, Quarantine, or Prompt User.
- You can allow suspicious programs if you are aware of the program and know that the program is trusted one.
- You can block or quarantine, or both known risks. You can work with quarantined items at a later time. Do not select these actions to not be bothered by notifications. Known risks continue to be automatically quarantined. You can open Real-Time Protection Reports periodically to view a log of what Real-Time Protection has detected.
- You can be prompted when accessing a file which can potentially harm your computer. This means a file is scanned automatically when it is accessed.
- 4. Select the required check box(es) which correspond to the item(s) being monitored via Real-Time Protection.
- 5. Click Restore Defaults to reset settings to their default values.