- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Lavasoft FAQ pages
How to disable Lavasoft SecureSearch as browser's default search provider
To disable Lavasoft SecureSearch as your browser's default search provider, proceed through the steps listed below:
On Internet Explorer:
- With the Internet Explorer window, click Tools, and then click Manage Add-ons.
- Under Search Providers, select the search provider you want to disable, and then click Disable.
- Once you are done, click Close.
- In the main address bar of your Firefox browser, type about:config in the address bar and press enter. If you have never done this before, you can see a warning about the dangers of messing with advanced settings in Firefox. Accept the prompt that appears and you are taken to a page that contains a long list of entries.
- Search for Keyword, find the entry Keyword.url and double click it. You are presented with a dialog that asks you to Enter String Value.
- Replacing the string with the required URL makes the relevant search engine the default.
- On the browser toolbar, click the Chrome menu, and then click Settings.
- In the Search section, select the search engine you want to use from the menu. If the search engine you want to use does not appear in the menu, click Manage search engines.
- In the Search Engines dialog that appears, select the search engine you want to use from the list, and then click the Make Default button that appears in the row.
If the search engine you want to use is not on this list, you can first add it as a new search engine option.
If the Make Default button does not appear for the search engine you have selected, you may need to edit its URL.