- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Lavasoft FAQ pages
How do I resolve the "Error 1722" problem?
This problem relates to the MSI installer from Microsoft; it is associated with either an outdated or corrupt Windows Installer or with permission for Windows Script Hosting (WSH).
First of all, download the latest version of Ad-Aware from the Support Center or https://secure.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php and try to reinstall. If you still get the 1722 error, update your MSI installer.
For WINDOWS VISTA users:
Update your installer by running your Windows Vista CD and repair your Operative System installation.
For WINDOWS XP/2000 users:
Updating Windows Installer
1. Please use the link below to visit Microsoft's support website, which will help you resolve the issue. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482FC-5F56-4...
2. Restart your computer once you have updated this installer.
3. Reinstall Ad-Aware.
Updating Windows Script Hosting
# ol> Please use the links below to visit Microsoft's support website, which will help you resolve the issue. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4...
# Please restart your computer once you have updated this installer.
# Reinstall Ad-Aware.
Configuring WSH Permissions
Warning: Do not try to edit registry keys if you are unfamiliar with the Windows Registry. Attempt this only at your own risk; Lavasoft does not take responsibility.
1. In the Windows Start menu, open run and type 'regedit' in the command line. Click 'Ok'.
2. Check for either or both of the following registry keys:
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings\Enabled
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings\Enabled
3. If either of those has a DWORD value of '0', then scripting is disabled. Changing the values to '1' should enable scripting.