- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Lavasoft FAQ pages
How do I activate the version of Ad-Aware I paid for?
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE - Ad-Aware PRO
1. Start Ad-Aware and then open the registration window by clicking the Register button at the bottom of the Ad-Aware main screen
2. Enter your Serial Number
3. Click 'Register'
Ad-Aware will connect to the Internet to validate your registration
"Thank you for registering Ad-Aware" will appear once successful, Click OK
5. Restart Ad-Aware to activate the Pro version of Ad-Aware. To find your license information click on the Manage License button on the main status screen.
Note: Make sure that you have configured your firewall or any other security programs to allow Ad-Aware network access. If necessary, you can temporarily turn off your firewall, but be sure to turn it on again after you have completed the registration procedure.
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE- Ad-Aware Total Security
Please read the following if you did not perform a software update after initial installation which prompts for activation ("Register with server...") or if you are using Total Secuirty on a new computer, or if you have re-installed the software/ you are experiencing an error logging on to the update server.
To automatically get your username and password (Access Data) for the first time you need to register Total Security using your serial number. Your access data is then generated in the software and a copy sent to your registered e-mail address for future use.
To register Total Security using your serial number, please complete the following:
- 1. Click the Updates button In the Total Security main interface. A window will now appear requesting the Access Data for Internet updates.
- 2. Click the "Register with server..." button. A new window will open
- 3. Enter your registration number (serial number) which you received with your purchase, then fill in your customer data (name etc.).
- 4. Click the Login button to register. The Access Data will be generated on the Lavasoft Update Server.
- 5. When the registration is successful, an information screen appears, click OK.
- The Access Data will be entered and saved for future updates automatically and the update will start.
To stay protected you need to keep Ad-Aware Total Security up to date. To do so, you need to connect to our update server and get the Internet updates.
Upgrading your software to the latest version
If Ad-Aware has been activated previously, you won't have to register your serial number again when installing a newer version of Ad-Aware on the same computer.
When installing Ad-Aware, any previous version on the computer will be uninstalled and the license will be transfered to the new software version.