- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Why is the Definition File not updated?
After the Definition File has been pulled or pushed to clients, it will not be deployed until a scanning operation has been invoked by the Ad-Aware Enterprise Server service. The updated Definition File will not be activated even if Ad-Aware 2008 Professional starts a new scan. The only way to activate the new Definitions File is to run a scan that is invoked by the Ad-Aware Enterprise Server service.
We recommend that you arrange a scan to occur soon after (10 minutes, for example) a scheduled updating task finishes. Once both tasks are complete, the Definition File on client computers will be updated.
My Serial Number/Registration Key/Activation Code is lost, how do I retrieve it?
If your serial number/registration key/activation code has been lost, there is a quick and easy way to get it back.
1. Log in to the Support center: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/
2. In the left menu, under 'Support Center', select 'Your Licenses'.
3. Here you will find your license info. Below your license you can find a letter icon: 'E-mail Serial Number' and clicking it will automatically send an email with the serial number to your registered email address.
Note: the 'E-mail Serial Number' notification email may be filtered as spam. Please, check your spambox/ junkmail
How can I pass the proxy server to get the Definition File?
The Ad-Aware Enterprise Server uses the IE proxy setting to access the Definition File from the Internet. To determine if your Ad-Aware Enterprise Server can download the Definition File:
* Click the "Check Ad-Aware Definition File" button. If clicking the button results in a success message, the connection is working. If you get a failure message, do the following:
o Click "Start Menu" to open "Control Panel," "Internet Options," "Connections" and then "LAN Settings." This will display more settings for the TCP port that you can modify to pass your proxy server.
* If you have modified the settings and still cannot successfully connect to the Lavasoft publishing server (and have no problems using IE) please give the Ad-Aware Enterprise Server service a service account to bypass the Proxy Server.
Can clients update the Definition File without a server?
Ad-Aware Enterprise clients can perform scans and Definition File updates, even without an Ad-Aware Enterprise network.
To do this:
* Open Ad-Aware 2008 Professional from your local disk by double-clicking "Ad-Aware.exe" in the client installation directory.
The software can be used just like a stand-alone Ad-Aware 2008 Professional package. The functions are the same as Ad-Aware Enterprise, including modifiable scanning settings and Definition File updates. To make these easier to access, you can also make shortcuts to the Windows desktop.
Do the Ad-Aware Enterprise Server and Ad-Aware Enterprise Console have to be installed on the same computer?
If you install the Console and the Ad-Aware Enterprise Server service on separate computers, the Console will lose the ability to start or stop the Ad-Aware Enterprise Server. This is a limit in the Windows Service management mechanism, since Windows Services cannot be operated remotely. All other Management Console functions will remain unaffected.
What is the difference between pulling and pushing?
Pulling and pushing are two methods available for clients to get the Definition File from the Server. If you are using Ad-Aware Enterprise on a large network (more than 20 clients in the same domain) pulling offers a better performance. When the number of nodes in the network is less than 20, the two methods deliver similar performances. Pushing is more suitable for the "Force Updating" option found in the "Scheduled Updating" option panel.
Why is my Ad-Aware Enterprise Console unable to connect to the server service?
Make sure you are running the latest version, which is Enterprise 2.1, The version is shown in the "About" menu. You can also go to the control panel, add/remove programs, and check the version from there.
The latest version, Enterprise 2.1 can be downloaded from the 'your licenses' section of the support center https://secure.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter.
How can I activate/disable Ad-Watch from the Enterprise Management Console.
To activate/disable Ad-Watch on a client or group of clients, Open the Ad-Aware Enterprise Console. In the lower left-hand pane under "Machine", right click on a client or group of clients and click on Activate or Disable Ad-Watch.
What is the difference between a scheduled and a manual scan?
A manual scan is targeted at a single computer. A scheduled scan is targeted at all clients within the group that have been selected for scanning in the Console. Unlike scheduled scanning, manual scanning does not allow you to change the scanning parameters before you run the scan; the current selected settings in the "Scheduled Scanning Options" panel are used. If you do not want to use the default settings, we recommend using a scheduled scan rather than the "Scan" icon.
To perform a manual scan:
* Select an individual client from the list of client computers.
* Click the "Scan" icon or the F11 key.
To perform a scheduled scan:
* Select the scanning options you would like to use.
* Select the days of the week and the time of the day when you would like to run the scan.
Why is detected malware not deleted when a scan is complete?
To automatically remove detected malware after performing a scan:
* Open the "Scheduled Scanning Options" option panel.
* Verify that the "Automatic Cleaning" checkbox is checked.
This will allow detected malware be removed after scanning.
Why are some Ad-Aware Enterprise clients shown in red?
When the client is shown as red this means that it was originally registered with the Ad-Aware Enterprise Server, but the connection changed. Check for any firewall issues and if the IP-address of the Server has changed. If so, to correct this you need to restart the Ad-Aware Enterprise Server client service on the clients whose IP address has changed.
To do this:
* Restart the Ad-Aware Enterprise client service either by going to the Control Panel, "Administrative Tools," then "Service" or you can restart your computer. This makes the Ad-Aware Enterprise client service re-register with the Ad-Aware Enterprise Server and show up in the Ad-Aware Enterprise Console.
If the problem continues, check if your client?s firewall settings have changed. If so, you may need to open the TCP port for your Ad-Aware Enterprise client.