- Security Center
- English ▾
Coming Soon: Ad-Aware 2008
Here's an update for our Ad-Aware users: there's less than a week to go until the official launch of our Ad-Aware 2008 product line! Be the first to have a look at the improved features of our new Free, Plus, or Pro versions when we release on Wednesday, May 21 at 12 noon (Central European Time).
What's new in 2008?
- Integrated anti-virus protection - Our powerful anti-spyware software now includes extended anti-virus protection for Ad-Aware 2008 Plus and Pro versions.
- Improved rootkit removal system - An improved rootkit removal system is now available to address today's threat framework.
- Bigger and better detection - Lavasoft's new extended anti-virus engine boosts detection to include over one million additional virus and malware threats.
- Substantially reduced use of computer memory - Plus and Pro users will notice a significant reduction in computer memory used while in watchguard mode.
- 64-bit platform support - Ad-Aware 2008 Free, Plus and Pro versions will have full 64-bit platform support as well as Windows Vista compatibility.
- Faster updates - New download compression results in faster product updates for users on all systems.
- ThreatWork - Our new international network of malware security volunteers submitting samples of the latest malware threats in the wild.
Upon release, all customers with a valid Ad-Aware license can update to the 2008 version, free of charge, through the Lavasoft Support Center. Watch for the release of Ad-Aware 2008 on May 21!