- Security Center
- English ▾
Lavasoft's New Version 10.5 Reinforces Ad-Aware's Robust Performance & Detection
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
(February 14, 2013)
Latest update of Ad-Aware version 10.5 delivers impeccable user experience and enhanced second-line of defense capabilities.
Lavasoft, the original anti-malware company, today announced a new update within its award-winning Ad-Aware anti-malware software. Ad-Aware version 10.5 offers incremental advancements and is designed to simplify the technicalities of installation in an effort to increase users’ experience while simultaneously safeguarding their internet security from potential malicious threats.The Ad-Aware software package now comes complete with everything everyone needs to protect their PCs.
Ad-Aware version 10.5 offers incremental advancements and is designed to simplify the technicalities of installation in an effort to increase users’ experience while simultaneously safeguarding their internet security from potential malicious threats.
The Ad-Aware software package now comes complete with everything everyone needs to protect their PCs. This update certainly complements our commitment to continuously develop innovative security software solutions that provide not only the strongest levels of protection but also bringing unbeatable experience.
Version 10.5 now has a faster and simplified installation process that allows users to select the nature of installation that suits their needs the best:
- Express Install: An intelligent installation mode that automatically determines what will be installed for optimal configuration adapted to the user’s PC.
- Compatible Install: Installation as a second line of defense for users who already have another antivirus on their PC. Ad-Aware will then enhance protection by defaulting to Compatible Mode, adding a second layer of protection.
Updates in Ad-Aware 10.5 include numerous performance and compatibility improvements:
- Increased performance and compatibility.
- Improved Web-Browsing Protection engine.
- More robust detection engine that further increases scan speeds and performance.
Designed for PC users of all skill levels, Ad-Aware has been downloaded now more than 450 million times. With a bold interface, Ad-Aware software package comes complete with anti-spyware and anti-malware through its “active protection” feature. Active protection constantly monitors the activity on a computer and suspends suspicious files and blocks malicious processes to prevent infection.
Current Ad-Aware 10.x users can download this free update to the software by visiting: http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware.php
For a complete list of Ad-Aware 10 features, including external storage scans, email scanning and identity theft protection, please visit: www.lavasoft.com/products/features.php.
Ad-Aware 10.5 is available in three versions:
- Ad-Aware FREE Antivirus+, a proactive malware removal tool that allows users to combat today’s toughest cyber threats;
- Ad-Aware Personal Security, a paid upgrade of Ad-Aware FREE that builds upon the product’s malware protection by adding a powerful Web filter that protects users against phishing attacks and online scams;
- Ad-Aware Pro Security which actively protects users from the most dangerous forms of viruses, spyware, key loggers, Trojans password stealers, bot networks, adware, phishing and drive-by downloads. Products can be downloaded at the Lavasoft website (www.lavasoft.com) and at select partner sites, including Download.com and Softonic.com.