- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
What's New in Ad-Aware 2007?
For the thousands of you who answered our call for Ad-Aware 2007 beta testers, and for those of you who still plan to register, the Ad-Aware 2007 beta will be ready for you to try out in only a few more weeks. With that in mind, it's the perfect time to bring you the first peek at the highlights of our upcoming new product!
First, we'd like to answer a few of your questions on Ad-Aware 2007. Some of you have been asking about the versions of Ad-Aware that we will be releasing. When Ad-Aware 2007 is released later this spring, you will be able to choose from Ad-Aware 2007 Free (the new version of Ad-Aware SE Personal, which will, as always, be completely free of charge), Ad-Aware 2007 Plus, and Ad-Aware 2007 Pro. Those of you with a valid license for Ad-Aware SE will be able to upgrade to the new product, free of charge.
Other questions we have been hearing concern compatibility issues. Ad-Aware 2007 will no longer support Windows 98 or ME, but will be Vista compatible and Vista certified soon thereafter.
And now, on to the good stuff - the highlights of Ad-Aware 2007! Take a look below at some of the security enhancements and privacy protection improvements you can expect to find in the Ad-Aware 2007 beta.
- Fully redesigned engine. Ad-Aware 2007s powerful, efficient engine increases your productivity by delivering one of the fastest scans on the market without clogging your computers resources.
- Advanced Code Sequence Identity technology. Our improved CSI technology detects malware that is deeply imbedded in your system and keeps you protected from the latest threat advancements.
- Enhanced Detection Database. Incremental updates ensure a quick download from our comprehensive threat database, again freeing up your most valuable computer resources.
- New graphical user interface (GUI). The fresh, new look of our straightforward GUI means easy navigation through all of Ad-Aware 2007s advanced protection options.
- Automatic scans and Web updates. Set a personalized schedule for automatic scans and Definition File updates, letting Ad-Aware do the work for you according to your schedule and preferences. You'll never miss an update from the Detection Database again.
- Ad-Watch TrackSweep. The new TrackSweep feature clears browser cache, cookies, and history that are left behind while you surf the Internet on IE, Firefox and Opera, all in one easy click of a button.
- Ad-Watch Connect. The real-time monitoring of Ad-Watch is expanded to include an additional shield against hijackers and identify theft by preventing private information from leaving your computer.
- Hosts File Editor. This new tool gives you the power to add, delete or make changes to the Hosts File to block advertisement sites, reverse browser hijack entries, create navigational shortcuts, and assist with parental controls.
- Multiple Browser Support. Ad-Aware 2007 supports Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera - so now you can use the web browser of your choice.
- System Restore Point. Ad-Aware 2007s conveniently located system restore point means you never have to worry about accidentally deleting a file during cleanup.
If you want to be one of the first to try out all of the new and improved features of Ad-Aware 2007s beta, make sure to sign-up as a registered beta tester!