- Security Center
- English ▾
Lavasoft Team Honors Earth Hour 2009
This Saturday, March 28, is Earth Hour 2009. Everyone here at Lavasoft would like to encourage our users around the world to do your part, and vote! The idea is actually set up like a campaign. At 8.30 pm local time, wherever you live on the planet earth, you can “Vote Earth” and switch off your lights for one hour.
This global initiative is sponsored by WWF (World Wildlife Fund) – and the results of the ‘vote’ will be presented at the Global Change Conference in Copenhagen in December 2009. If you would like to learn more, visit the WWF website.
- Great Pyramids of Giza to switch off for Earth Hour
- Athens to turn off lights at the Acropolis for Earth Hour
- Empire State Building turning off for Earth Hour
Ideas of what you can do when you turn off the lights (if you can’t think of them yourself) :)
- Attend a local Earth Hour event or organize your own by throwing an Earth Hour street party with your neighbors
- Gather family & friends for a night picnic in your local park and look at the stars
- Enjoy a family dinner by candlelight
- Organize a treasure hunt in the dark
- Take the dog for a night walk
- Have a candle-lit bath
- Sit in the dark and share stories
- Organize a family night playing board games
- Share a romantic night in with your loved one
- Upload your ‘on the night’ photos and videos to flickr and YouTube respectively, and then add them to the Earth Hour flickr group and the global YouTube Group.
Lavasoft and the Environment!
Have you ever thought about how Lavasoft does our part to help the environment? We development and design our products, like the newest Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition, to use minimal computer resources and scan at ultra high speeds. How does that help, you ask? It makes the computer, and you, more efficient when you are online – thus making it faster for them to get offline, turn off the computer, and save energy! So, cast your vote on Saturday for Earth Hour!