- Security Center
- English ▾
Lavasoft Raises the Bar on Real-Time Protection, Unveils New Safe Browsing System
Last month, we unveiled the latest version of Ad-Aware, with breakthrough features such as a Safe Browsing system and integration with ID Watchdog. Ad-Aware 10.2 version offers real-time protection against malicious URLs and provides free credit report monitoring that extends the protection delivered in Ad-Aware to offer customers the most reliable online security.
Beyond the recently announced firewall technology and cached scanning capabilities of the Ad-Aware software, the new features and benefits of Ad-Aware include a new Safe Browsing system that blocks malicious URLs to provide a meaningful protection against real threats and significantly reduces false positive rates. Lavasoft updates the URL database when a new malicious URL is detected and immediately notifies users to eliminate potential attacks, providing the most up to date online protection.
“Securing online identities and improving the user experience are inherently competing goals,” said Daniel Assouline, CEO of Lavasoft. “As threats continue to evolve and become more sophisticated, it is critical that users have the right systems in place to protect their online identities. Lavasoft has earned its leadership position by continuing to deliver new and unique technologies that offer maximum online protection, and Ad-Aware 10.2 is indicative of our commitment to implementing rapid development cycles for our customers.”
The Ad-Aware software package comes complete with everything consumers need to protect their PCs including anti-spyware and anti-malware through its “active protection” feature. Active protection constantly monitors the activity on a computer and suspends suspicious files and blocks malicious processes to prevent infection.
Ad-Aware Safe Browsing is available in all Ad-Aware 10 versions, including Ad-Aware Free Antivirus + and in the Ad-Aware Browser Add-On, and offers the following capabilities:
- Protects against phishing attempts, Trojans, exploit sites, malicious scripts, drive-by downloads, and more
- Integration with ID Watchdog provides free credit report monitoring and alerting capabilities to notify users of any critical changes to their credit report that might be an early indicator of identity theft (for U.S customers only)
- Blocks malware before it has the chance to download
- Lavasoft’s malicious site scanning system scans 24/7 for new malicious URLs
- Security Toolbar checks for updates every few minutes
- Low false positive rate