- Security Center
- English ▾
How to Remove Activeris Antimalware
Activeris Antimalware is considered as a paid antimalware program. Currently, www.activeris.com offers another program with similar interface, so you won’t be able to find a direct installation link for Activeris Antimalware either on the home page, or any download websites.
This program is usually distributed using pay-per-install bundling with free software; so it may sneak to your PC as a part of another installation. Main purpose of Activeris Antimalware - get you to pay for a license key while you attempt to clean infections that program finds on your PC.
Here are some other facts about Activeris Antimalware we would like to pay your attention to:
- Its folder size in Program Files is about 17 MB; so if it is installed by chance to your PC, more than enough place will be spent on your system drive in vain;
- there is a Help link-button in the program (http://www.activeris.com/antimalware/help), but it doesn’t work (giving a ‘404 Not Found’ error); so even if you pay for a license, you won’t be able to find user guide for the program;
- it is configured to automatically start when you boot your PC (there is a scheduled task called Activeris AntiMalware_startup that opens at every log of any user);
- Once installed, you will see an ‘Alert’ security window about infections found by the program with every PC boot. Although there is a check-box “Do not show this window again”, a process activerisAntiMalware.exe is launched with every new reboot taking away your PC speed. Moreover, sometimes this process may prevent your machine from restarting (despite the fact that it is promoted as a tool that improves your computer's performance).
- If you decide to clean infections found by the program, it will ask you to register and purchase a license key first:
If you want to remove Activeris Antimalware from your PC, please find below uninstallation steps.
Note. This is a self-help guide. Use it at your own risk. This article is provided "as is" and to be used for information purposes.
1. Before you start, please make sure you are logged as a system administrator. Also, please save a copy of your important documents/files on an external hard drive.
2. From your desktop, click on Windows Start button and choose Control Panel option (Windows 8 users: right-click on ‘Windows Start’ icon (by default, it is located in the left bottom corner of your screen), and choose Control Panel from the context menu):
• Click ‘Programs and Features’ (Windows Vista, 7 and 8)/‘Add or Remove Programs’ (Windows XP).
• Find ‘Activeris Antimalware’ by Activeris in the list, right-click on it and choose ‘Uninstall’. Program will ask whether you are sure you want to remove it -> just click on ‘Yes’. You may also receive some promotional offers opening in your browser – please close these).
• Restart your PC
3. Please make sure that hidden files in your Windows Explorer are visible: Start –> Control Panel (Appearance and Personalization) –> Folder Options –> ‘View’ tab –> find ‘Hidden files and folders’ and choose an option ‘Show hidden files, folders, and drives’.
4. Follow this path - C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp -> highlight all the files/folders here -> press ‘Shift’+’Delete’ and click ‘Yes’ to completely clean this folder.
5. Please find the directories below and make sure that all the Activeris AntiMalware files/folders are removed (you may not find some of the components, it is normal):
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Uniblue\Activeris AntiMalware
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Activeris AntiMalware
- C:\Program Files\Activeris AntiMalware
6. Now please remove Activeris AntiMalware traces from your registry. Before you start, please make sure you understand how important this part of your PC is. You cannot restore data from here once you delete something (‘Ctrl+Z’ never works in Registry Editor). And if you delete an incorrect component by mistake, it may damage your OS and make it unusable.
• To open the Registry, press ‘Win+R’ keys on your keyboard -> in the opened window type regedit and press ‘Enter’.
• Highlight main registry section called ‘Computer’ -> press Ctrl+F keys on your keyboard -> make sure Keys, Values, Data boxes in the ‘Find’ window are checked -> type activeris in the search field and click OK. Search results will highlight a key/value/data that contains Activeris AntiMalware components. If you find the exact name of program you want to remove, right click on the element in question and choose ‘Delete’ from the context menu. If it’s a value/data, right click on the value and choose ‘Modify’, then highlight harmful data and press ‘Delete’ key on your keyboard.
• Use F3 key to continue the search and to find all the necessary files.
• Exit the registry editor and reboot your PC.
7. Finally, please install Ad-Aware to make sure you don’t have any infections on your machine:
• Click here to download Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ and follow installation instructions from Ad-Aware User Guide (‘Installation and Uninstallation’ -> ‘Ad-Aware Install’ section).
• Perform a full scan of your PC with Ad-Aware (following Ad-Aware User guide: ‘Scanning System’ -> ‘Running a scan’ section).
• Restart your PC.
Lastly, it is recommended to always keep your antivirus program up-to-date with a real-time protection turned on, and perform weekly full scans to stay protected at all times.