- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- Ad-Aware Business Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Earth Hour 2010: Lights Out Tomorrow!
Does it feel like you’re always plugged-in – whether it's signed-in, logged-on, or other various methods of being connected through the latest networking sites and tech gadgets?
Well, this weekend is your chance to unplug, disconnect from it all, and help the Earth. Participate this Saturday, March 27, in Earth Hour 2010. Truth be told – you don’t even need to disconnect from it all to participate; you can do your part to honor Earth Hour simply by switching off your lights. Here’s how it works –
Earth Hour, sponsored by the World Wildlife Fund, is a worldwide initiative allowing participants all over the Earth to take a stand and draw attention to global warming. Setup like a campaign, you can ‘Vote Earth’ and support Earth Hour just by doing the following: at 8:30 p.m. local time wherever you are on the globe, turn off your lights for one hour.
Here are some quick Earth Hour participation facts:
- 4,159 cities, towns and municipalities took part in Earth Hour 2009 – in a total of 88 countries (including 73 national capitals and 9 of the world’s 10 most populated cities).
- The cities that took part in 2009 included: New York, Hong Kong, Rio de Janeiro, Singapore, Beijing, London, Toronto, Mexico City, Los Angeles, Moscow, Paris, Dubai, Nairobi, Sydney, and Rome.
- Some of the world’s most iconic landmarks went dark for Earth Hour last year, including the Sphinx and Pyramids of Giza, the Eiffel Tower, The Acropolis in Athens, The Las Vegas Strip, Buckingham Palace and Big Ben, The Coliseum, and the Empire State Building.
Wondering about how we, at Lavasoft, do our part to help the environment? We develop and design our Ad-Aware products to use minimal computer resources and deliver quick scan times (see the performance comparison for details), meaning you and your computer are more efficient online - making it faster for you to get offline, turn off the computer, and save energy.
Here at Lavasoft, we’d like to encourage all of our users to take part this year in Earth Hour and join millions of supporters taking a stand and voting Earth. Are you planning to flip your light switches off on Saturday night to support Earth Hour? Comment below and let us know!