- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- Ad-Aware Web Companion
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Chinese Computer Security
We've all heard that China has a bad reputation for being one of the global hotspots for malware distribution, but we should remember that the computer users there are victims as well.
Our CEO, Jason King, is in China right now, and has some very interesting statistics coming out of the security industry there.
When compared to the rest of the world:
- 26% of virus infected PCs are located in China
- 81% of individual PC users currently have malware on their machines
- 80% of Chinese enterprises have been a victim of an external malware attack
- Surveys show rapid deterioration in the situation in China
- Over 65% of Chinese PCs users reported account theft and information hijack between 2003-2007
- There was an approximate 2100% increase in malware attacks toward servers 2003-2007
So, while there is a host of malware coming out of that market, they are certainly not immune to the effects.