- Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+
- Ad-Aware Personal Security
- Ad-Aware Pro Security
- Ad-Aware Total Security
- Ad-Aware Business Security
- PC Tuneup
- Data Security
- Trial Center
- Security Center
- English ▾
- Contact Us
Ad-Aware 10 Gets An Update to 10.1!
Attention to all Ad-Aware 10 users! We have great news for you! A month after its inaugural release, Ad-Aware received an update! The new Ad-Aware 10.1 brings you new features that will give a boost to your security whether you use the Free, Plus, or Pro version.
It is designed to address the growing complexities of today’s security threats by improving the speed and level of anti-malware protection and enhancing the overall user experience. This latest version of the world’s most trusted anti-malware software demonstrates our dedication in providing rapid development cycles and offers users enhanced real-time protection.
“As cyber threats continue to evolve and new threat vectors emerge, users need solutions that are continuously updated to protect the integrity of their online identities,” said Daniel Assouline, CEO of Lavasoft. “By implementing a more rapid development cycle, we are demonstrating our commitment to developing innovative security software solutions that provide the strongest levels of protection for users.”
The Ad-Aware software package comes complete with everything consumers need to protect their PCs including anti-spyware and anti-malware through its “active protection” feature. Active protection constantly monitors the activity on a computer and suspends suspicious files and blocks malicious processes to prevent infection.
Here’s what you’re seeing in your Ad-Aware program – and why it’s important to your privacy and security!
- Faster scans with Cached Scanning: Ad-Aware will automatically skip the scanning of files that it has determined as safe in earlier scans. This results in much faster quick and scheduled scans (after the first run). On average a quick scan drops to less than 10 seconds (from 4 minutes) on subsequent scans. And 6-10 minutes on full scans from close to two hours. Note: This is only for scheduled and quick scans. Manual scans will be launched as a full scan once again ignoring previous known good files.
- Improved Firewall: Trusted programs are now automatically white-listed. This means that users upgrading to Ad-Aware should not notice networking issues with programs already installed. Furthermore, we have improved the reliability of the driver and given improved 64 bit support.
- Better Real-Time Protection: Reliability improvements to the real-time protection drivers and improved 64-bit support.
- Improved Security with Web-Browsing Protection: Protection engine now updated several times a day.
All Ad-Aware version users (9.x-10.0) can upgrade or update to 10.1 by visiting:
For a complete list of Ad-Aware 10 features, including external storage scans, email scanning and identity theft protection, please visit: www.lavasoft.com/products/features.php